We are looking for individuals who wish to become part of the Guardian Angels for Soldier’s Pet mission as a Foster Coordination Liaison (FCL) involved with working with our service members, wounded warriors, veterans, and families of our fallen warriors who need assistance via our Foster Home program, which also includes vetting and interacting with those individuals and families who have registered as potential foster homes through our organization.
Primarily at this time we are looking for 3 new FCL volunteers to cover the states within our Northeast Region. This includes a FCL for New England area (includes the states of DE, CT, MA, NH, RI, and VT) plus a FCL to cover New York and a FCL to cover New Jersey. Please note it is not required to reside in a specific state shown above since you would be working from home via the Internet and phone.
This is a virtual volunteer role where your efforts can be accomplished via the phone and Internet (emails) in your home during the evenings and Saturday (depending on your available time) and includes the following criteria:
- A passion to help our military service members, wounded warriors, veterans, and families of our fallen warriors.
- Interact and maintain communication with our registered potential foster homes, plus work with others (inside and outside the organization) as required
- Be a self-starter, has excellent organizational, interpersonal, and management skills, plus able to work independently and as a “team” player.
- Understand and agree to follow and adhere to the Organization’s mission, purpose, operating procedures, and organizational policies/guidelines.
- Comfortable using and access to MS office (such as Word, Excel), communicate via the internet, phone calls, and email.
- Previous customer service, volunteer nonprofit managerial and animal related coordination/placement experience helpful
- Help promote the organization, its mission, and programs with others via sharing our flyers, brochures, and other items as requested by the organization’s National office.
- Able to commit at least 1 year in this position
- Provide the required monthly reports (coordination activity and volunteer service hours) by the date as determined by the organization’s National office.
- Estimated Volunteer Time per Month: averaging 25-30 hours – Please be advised actual hours per month is variable on a state by state basis.
Those interested in learning more about the volunteer positions or to apply, visit HERE. Thank you in advance for your interest to support our organization with this volunteer role.
Leave a Reply