A few weekends ago, I attended the 6th Annual MilBlog Conference on behalf of Guardian Angels for Soldier’s Pet. This conference was geared towards military bloggers who provide information to military members, spouses, children and friends of our military. It was an amazing experience for many reasons.
Here are my Top Ten reasons!
10. Not having to travel to attend this fantastic conference! It’s great living in the Washington DC area.
9. Hearing from General Caldwell in Afghanistan.
8. Finally being able to meet members from Soldier’s Angels!
7. Hearing the debut of “Crazy Being Home” from Mark Wills (and meeting him)!
6. Spending the day with our National Coordination Director after two years of emailing each other!
5. Having Teaka as our mascot at our table and having everyone coming to say him.
4. Having this blog as a finalist for the 5th Annual MilBloggies in the “Military Supporter” category.
3. Listening to all of the panels and hearing some emotional stories about successes, challenges and opportunities from military service members and their families.
2. Getting the opportunity to meet and talk to Former Secretary of Defense, Donald Rumsfeld about Guardian Angels for Soldier’s Pet
1. Meeting amazing Military Supporters and Bloggers!
It was an amazing experience and I can’t wait for next year!!- Written by Jessica Semon, National Marketing/Communications Director